Priority enrollment is given to current families during the month of February, and then applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Pre-Kindergarten: Must be 4 years of age by August 31
- Kindergarten: Must be 5 years of age by August 31
CURRENT & NEW STUDENTS:
REGISTRATION FORMS: All families must complete the following form, selecting their financial and volunteer/fundraising commitments (one per family):
- Promissory Note 2023-24 download form here
REGISTRATION FEE: Applications are considered complete only after a non-refundable registration fee of $125 per student is submitted. Payment may be mailed directly to the school with the completed registration paperwork, or paid online here. https://sjmms.ejoinme.org/registration
NEW STUDENTS ONLY:
PROVIDE ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS: In addition to the registration forms, new students/families must also provide the following documents:
- Completed Registration and Emergency Information Form download form here (one per enrolling student)
- Certified birth certificate copy (not hospital certificate)
- Immunization records
- Baptismal certificate (if Catholic)
- Completed Background Check Form download form here (one per family)
All completed forms and required documents may be printed and mailed to the school (202 N. 4th St., Yakima, WA 98901), or emailed to our registrar, Sarah Feusner. email@example.com
If you have questions regarding any portion of the registration process, please call the main office. (509) 575-5557
We ask that prospective students/families complete the following prior to registering:
- Arrange an interview with the student, parents/guardians and principal.
- Complete a placement/readiness assessment in the areas of reading, writing and mathematics. The results will be reviewed by the principal, and if available, the grade level teacher.
- (Optional): May request a tour of the school campus.
Transfer Students During the School Year
Prospective students must complete the following:
- An interview with the student, parents/guardians and principal
- If requested, grant permission for the principal to contact the student’s previous school to check academic and discipline records.
- A placement/readiness assessment in the areas of reading, writing and mathematics, which will be administered by the grade level teacher and reviewed with the principal. The assessment may be scheduled by appointment either after school or during a shadow day.
- (Optional): It is strongly recommended students schedule a classroom visit/shadow day of either a half day or full day, depending on the age of the student.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY REGARDING STUDENTS
St. Joseph Marquette Catholic School admits students of any race, color or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to all students at the school. In the administration of its policies, the school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan and athletic and other administered programs.