Sheila Wilson, Band Director (509)575-5557
Welcome to band – the most fun class you can take! (not that I’m biased) Unlike any other classes, and like athletics, we are a team and dependent upon one another for success. We want to build a positive image to present to our student body, administration, and community and the way to do it is by looking and sounding great. The only way to build a strong music program is to create quality groups that know how to work and have fun.
- Students are expected to come prepared and participate in class activities every day.
- We have a very short class period, so please be on time so that we can make good use of rehearsals.
- Attendance at all performances are required attendance. Unexcused performance is a “F”. Who misses with an excused absence. The student will write a 2 page report on the subject of my choice. Please see that your parents have recorded performance dates on their calendars. Students will only be excused in the event of an emergency or unavoidable family obligations. Parents: For planning purposes, please contact me as soon as possible when you know about an upcoming absence.
- Food, drink, and gum are prohibited during rehearsals (water is ok).
- Please be respectful of other people’s property and leave their instruments and music alone. We also need to help each other – if you see any instruments or music that are vulnerable, put them in a safe place.
- Informal Performance Attire: Band t-shirt, jeans (no rips, tears, stains, etc.). Appearance should be neat and represent St. Joes well.
- Formal Concert Attire:
- Boys – black pants, black socks, black dress shoes, white collared shirt with ties.
- Girls – solid black skirt or pants, black dress shoes or sandals, white blouse or collared blouse.
*No tennis shoes, jeans, shorts or baggy clothes for formal performances. Black socks only (no navy or white).
- 2 Band folders are supplied
- Ed Sueta BKI, BKII, BKIII.
- Grades will be based on the following:
- Attendance and participation
- Ability to learn and play assigned parts
- Written assignments and exams, playing tests
- Attitude and behavior
Ted Brown Music offers a month-to-month rental plan for band and orchestra instruments.
We have a flexible exchange and return policy — you are under no obligation to buy.
Rental payments can be applied to your purchase at any time.
10:00am-6:00 pm (Monday-Friday)
10:00am-5:00 pm (Saturday)
2612-B W Nob Hill Blvd (in the Nob Hill Plaza by Red Robin)